Join A Good Sam Chapter And Join The Fun!
We have been having fun together for 36 years!
You are surely missing out on a great Club benefit if you are not part of a local Good Sam chapter. Chapters are groups of members who like to camp together; but camping is just part of the fun. The camaraderie and friendships often grow into an extended part of your family.
Many chapters just enjoy spending time with each other at local camp outs or traveling in caravans together. The pleasure most members receive from the various get–togethers is the sense of sharing a common interest, swapping travel adventures and keeping one another posted on the best routes to their RVing destinations.
Community service is another aspect many chapter memberships offer. While having fun, chapters may participate in local civic events and fund raisers, for such organizations as Dogs for the Deaf, Ronald MacDonald House, Special Olympics, and Make a Wish Foundation, just to name a few.
You will find that joining a chapter is not only enjoyable, but another chance for you to use your Good Sam Club membership to its full extent. So join our chapter family and start enjoying more wonderful camping experiences.
Camping with your friends and family….PRICELESS!!
Join a WVGS Chapter today ... Or start a new chapter!!
WV GOOD SAMS ON FACEBOOK
The WV Good Sams Club is on Facebook. Each WVGS Chapter is on Facebook. Keep up with the latest events and happenings. Start and take part in discussions on the forum, and more. If you have a Facebook account, join the group. If you don't have a Facebook account, this is your excuse to get one.
The link to the WV Facebook Group is
WV Facebook Group
Celebrate Camping in WV
The Good Sams Way
Everywhere you go camping--pass out Good Sams Applications; Samboree Applications and tell
folks about the WVGS and the WVGS Samboree. Place the info in the campground office and on each of you do this whenever and wherever
you camp. Its is one of the best ways to spread the good word about WVGS. We aren't the biggest
and fanciest Samboree around--but we are the most fun and the friendliest. Come to the Samboree
and celebrate camping in WV--the Good Sams Way.
WVGS Publicity – Benefits
•Effective and positive publicity lets people know what WVGS and your chapter is doing in their communities.
•Effective and positive publicity builds goodwill for WVGS and your chapter.
•Effective and positive publicity has a direct correlation with membership.
* Are you sending pictures and articles to your local radio, TV and radio stations at least 4 times each year and to the state directors for the WVGS website?
* Are you sending articles and picture about Samborees your local radio and TV stations after each Samboree?
* Do you pass out Samboree applications wherever you go?
* Does your chapter have chapter business cards and brochures at visibility places and local RV dealerships?
* Do you have your banner to fly whenever your chapter is camping or doing a special event?
* Do you visit your area RV dealers on a regular basis to make sure they have plenty of your chapter info and current Samboree applications?
Please help the WVGS Grow!!
Where ever you travel
please take a few WVGS Posters!
Take several of these posters to post at:
* your favorite camping spot
* you're favorite RV dealer
* your favorite store--places to shop
* your favorite restaurant
* wherever you travel in the USA
* and have all your chapter members do the same
* thank you from the WV Good Sams
* help us grow our great organization.
Download the poster here.
Carry the promo cards wherever you camp to recruit new members!
Down load the cards here.
Need a coloring book to help advertise!! Here it is!!
Sort the big list of potential chapter members by zip code them by community. Divide the list up and have chapter members and ASD call the folks in your community/zip code. Invite them to your next campout and the next Samboree. Call them and keep calling them. When you are out and about and see an RV in a yard, stop and knock on their door ask to talk to them about Good Sams, WVGS and your chapter. Go prepared with your chapter info and Samboree applications. When you are out camping, walk and talk to each camper in the campground. Don’t be shy!! Call them and keep calling them. Be positive
WV Good Sams Spring Samboree Chicken Contest
WVGS AUNT BEE FRIED CHICKEN COOK-OFF RULES
SPRING 2013 SAMBOREE
OK, all you Aunt Bee Wantabees, it’s time to strut your stuff. All fried chicken entries will be blind judged by a panel of handpicked Mayberry Folks attending the Samboree
For info please click here for the flyer.
· We encourage each chapter to do crazy fun games at their meetings and campouts and at the Samboree!
· Other campers see you having fun and they will want to join in your chapter fun!
· Does your chapter have a bean ball baseball game?
· A bocce ball game? A ladder golf game? A set of horseshoes? A washer game?
· Get them out of the RV! at each chapter outing! and invite others to join you.
· Then talk to them about Good Sams; your chapter and the Samboree.
· Ask them to join your chapter! Invite them to your next campout or outing.
· Tell them about our WVGS website and WVGS Facebook page!
· Do your homework and be prepared.!
· Have chapter brochures/schedule; business cards; WVGS flyers; Samboree applications ready.
· Have your WVGS yard sign and chapter banner prominently displayed.
· Take pictures and post on your chapters Facebook page.
· Take pictures and send to the Wises for posting on the WVGS website!
· How about a crazy fun game as a chapter fund raiser at the Samboree?!
We have lots of fun games in the WVGS State trailer that you and your chapter can get out any time and play!
· Challenge another chapter or another state to a game!
· Bring your chapter games to the Samboree and challenge
Dogs For the Deaf Canine Newsletter
A new edition of the DDF Canine Listener newsletter coming out soon. Don't receive it but want to?
Sign up for the e-mail version at DFD Newsletter
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
with your name & address to sign up for the USPS version. Available on Facebook too.